Call for MoCo Board Member Candidates
Seeking Enthusiastic Member-Owners to Join Our Board of Directors
We are looking for a few Member-Owners to run for positions on MoCo's Board of Directors. This year, there are three Board seats up for election. Board members typically serve for three years.
● Have a willingness and enthusiasm to advance the mission of MoCo?
● Actively advocate in the community for the co-op’s mission & the store’s ongoing success?
● Have a passion for local food, health & wellbeing, and community engagement?
● Have a desire to perceive and give voice to Member-Owner interests and needs?
Maybe you also have: Successful strategic planning experience, Financial development know-how, Experience and success with thriving local enterprises, Community organizing experience, Prior board experience and effective meeting management, Other skills that will benefit and advance MoCo’s mission.
If so, we ask that you:
● Fully participate in the workings of the Board.
● Attend all Board meetings, typically the last Wednesday of the month from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
● Be willing to participate in debate, compromise, and work as part of a team
● Foster a strong collaborative relationship with the Management
If interested, please complete a Board Application packet and submit no later than August 2, 2019. The application packet can be found here: Board Application Packet
Submit Completed Application postmarked no later than August 2, 2019
Attend the June 26 or July 24 board meeting to familiarize yourself a bit with the board.
Interview with Board Nominating Committee.
Attend a “Meet the Candidates Night” for all member-owners.
October 16: Absentee voting ends at the store. In-person voting occurs at the Annual Meeting. Nominating Committee members tally ballots.
October 17: New Board Members are announced.
November Board Meeting: New Board Members are seated.
Contact Nominating Committee Chair, Elly Ventura at email@example.com or 315-651-7441.
Coming Soon - Board of Directors Bio’s
The MoCo Board meets the 4th Wednesday of the month from 5:00pm to 6:30pm in the Community Meeting Room of the Tegu Building.